Friday, January 14, 2011

We interrupt this program...

I'll be taking a break from the mundane police wife posts for a while.  I know what you're thinking: "Hasn't she been taking a break from all posting, period??"  Well yes.  But this one's different.  Starting Monday, I'm going sugar-free with The Nourishing Gourmet.  I've read her site for some time, and love that she makes (and shares recipes for!) delicious, nourishing food. 

I know that I have not been operating on all my cylinders for a while, and I also know it's in part because of the crappy food I have been putting in my body.  Not to say it doesn't taste good!  Man, those creme fraiche mashed potatoes were sure delicious on Christmas Day.  So was the cinnamon roll french toast my brother made.  But seriously..... Seriously!?!?!  I have to bring my A+++ game every day as a married single mom.  And I *know* you know what I'm talking about.

The problem is I just haven't been bringing my A+++ game lately.  It's been more like C, or C-, or let's be honest, C--- bordering on F.  Hey, I just call it like I see it!  :(  About four years ago I spent two months eating free of refined carbs and sugar.  My friend called it "The Meaty Meaty Diet."  Awesome.  :)  She was right.  Basically I ate protein and green veggies, with a few things like oatmeal or cheese thrown in a few times a week.  It really changed my outlook ~ I felt better both physically AND emotionally, and there is NO price you can put on that.

So, is anybody with me?  I'm crazy, I know, just say it!  But at this point, I've gotta bump that C--- up to at least a C+ and this is a great way for me to get started.  I'm planning to blog about my adventure next week at least once or twice. Hopefully it will be a lot more than that, but we shall see!  Check out the Sugar Free Challenge here.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

nope not crazy. We've been eating organic lately when ever possible. Fiber and all the healty stuff. Love to hear about your journey and hope it makes you feel better.

Christy said...

"married single mom" - Yes, I know what you're talking about. And I've been slacking for several months too. Feeling overwhelmed since we added baby boy #5 and been resentful that dh can't help more. Pulling myself up by my boot straps now though and ready to move forward.
I'm really good about eating real food, but sugar is my last holdout. Best wishes to you in your efforts!

Christy said...

I forgot to add that we're a homeschooling law family too. :)