Sunday, June 14, 2009

Everything looks good from here

I just realized it's been over a week since my last post. I thought I'd take a moment to let you know that yes, I'm still alive (barely) and complain a little bit. I already called my mom and whined to her, now you all are getting it! :)

DH normally works nights, and because of some added training and court time (both during the day this week!) it felt like he only had a one day weekend. I don't like that! (duh, who does?) The baby ~ now FIVE weeks old if you can believe that! ~ is still a terrible sleeper and super whiny. I've cut out all manner of dairy to see if that helps him, and I think it does help a bit although not enough. I'm sleeping five hours a night (on a good night) in 1.5 or 2 hour snippets. So on days he doesn't work I take a nice long afternoon nap. Not this week! So I'm pretty grouchy.

DH is also consumed with a bunch of gun related junk right now (more on that eventually) and as I type is off practicing at the range. I'll be happy when that's all over and I can dump the kids on him and say "goodbye!"

So.... I'm in emergency operations mode, down in the dumps, and thus the title of this post: EVERYTHING looks good from here. Which isn't so bad, right? There's only one way to go from here, and that's up. Don't take it personally if I'm not around for a while longer; I'm battening down the hatches and trying to feed my family something other than McDonald's drive through!

1 comment:

mrs. fuzz said...

I know what you mean. It's especially difficult when you add another baby to the mix. In reality though, HF has a really difficult time not doing everything. He will take overtime, plan to go shooting, plan all kinds of things and then he's gone all the time. He thinks he's being mr. I'm working to provide for you because I love you and then he needs an outing with buddies to have a release and he doesn't realize that I'm dying at home. I hear it's like this for most men but it sure drives me crazy. Especially when nothing comes of talking about it. Time management only seems to work well when we are both managing our time.