Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wow, it sure is quiet!

I mentioned in my last post it is pretty busy around here.  It is, but I also feel pretty empty inside.  I don't know if I can describe it.  I'm not necessarily lonely or depressed or hungry (all versions of "empty") but there is something missing.  I think it might be the case that I am so overwhelmed and not keeping up very well with what's going on in my life that I get that "deer in the headlights" feeling, everything leaves my head and I am completely totally out of it.  lame.  I know.

As I've mentioned before, we live quite near to dh's place of work.  So this week has been kind of exciting in that every time I hear the news helicopters outside our window (or should I say "above") I flip through all the news channels and start combing twitter to find out what's going on.  Every time, I've found something on the news and once that segment is over the chopper flies away.  Talk about noise pollution!!  The other day I had to have the TV volume turned All. The. Way. Up. so that I could hear it over the noise of the chopper!  Sheesh! 

So, nothing else exciting going on around here, and thankfully the news -- as usual -- has made mountains out of molehills so that makes me a happy wife.  DH is scheduled for a good amount of OT coming up and I'm busy getting ready for all the family coming to town, open house, and the big 1st bday party for baby Dallas.  Very exciting, although gotta get rid of my deer-in-the-headlights issues!  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, girl. Does the department offer any counseling for family members? I think it wouldn't hurt to see if there's someone you can talk to in a professional setting - hell, I think everyone would benefit. Pulling for you! <3

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Yea I am concerned about you too. You might want to visit your doctor soon. I am praying for you.
Bren

KD said...

You ladies are very sweet. Thank you. Maybe getting more sleep would be a good start! :)