Ways to prevent cold and flu this season:
- Use your mind to overcome it (wait, that doesn't work for me)
- Get crazy about hand washing. I mean, crazy, crazy, CRAZY. I ruined my oldest son so much so that he won't do anything before he makes a beeline for the bathroom every time we get home from being out. But please do it right. Don't use antibacterial soap, but do use warm water and actually make it count. scrub! all over!
- Use disposable hand towels (gasp) or assign a "personal" hand towel for each member of the family.
- Don't touch your eyes or your mouth. Ever.
- Irrigate your nose twice daily with a bottled saline solution or a neti pot. Get those germs out.
- Gargle twice daily with salt water or Listerine. Gotta kill those germs!
- Drink lots of hot water or tea. The heat kills the germs and washes the really strong ones down into your tummy where your stomach acid finishes the job if necessary.
Do you have a cold and flu evasion technique that you swear by? I'd love to broaden my horizons.