Wednesday, November 3, 2010

No Spend November

I think I'm crazy, but I'm going to demonstrate that I am thankful for what I have this November by not spending money on MORE stuff.  I'm going to try to eat through some of our stockpile.  I'm going to use up some of the gift cards we have laying around.  I'm going to wear (and organize?!?!) the clothes I have instead of buying that "cute" something for the event I'm going to.  (Even if it is just a pair of cute socks.)

You know what I'm talking about.

Some of my friends are only using Facebook this month to post one thing every day they are grateful for.  I decided I'm not going to just say I'm thankful, I'm going to demonstrate it.  At least I hope so.  How are you going to demonstrate that you are thankful?  Words can be powerful, but actions speak even louder than words. 

How will you demonstrate your thankfulness today?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this post. Yes, actions speak louder than words. I too am clearing out, using up and making-do. We are drowning in clutter and mess here, and getting ready to move on to organized cleanliness. One day soon, all the workmen will leave for the last time, and our house will be our own again--new and improved. I am and will be very greatful.
Rosemary

MrsMonicaLB said...

nice post.actions do speak louder than words and now to ponder on what I shall do to show my thankfulness.