Wednesday, April 1, 2009

One benefit

Today I'm so thankful for my husband's job. In these "difficult economic times" I'm thankful anyway, but last night especially so. My husband (DH) had already headed off to work and everyone had been asleep for at least an hour when my daughter (DD) woke up very very sick. I did all the yucky cleaning related to these sorts of "sick" incidents, then called my DH since DD was begging for Daddy. (This is quite unusual, so I figured he'd be quite pleased.) They just happened to be overscheduled last night so he came home right away and hung out with the girl while I went back to bed. I guess she slept for maybe two hours while DH did the nasty laundry and then she was back awake from 1 to 4 am. Yuck! With my graveyard-working husband on the job, I was blissfully unaware and slept like a baby. They even went for a drive and he bought her Jack In The Box french fries in the middle of the night. What a dad!

Thanks, husband!

No comments: